Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Just Waiting Randomness

I don't have much to post about. It's been pretty low-key around here. I am still very pregnant, with very few contractions, and am now counting down the days until we get to see and hold baby brother!

I've spent much of the week doing baby laundry - and washing the car seat, swing, and bouncy seat covers. Why can't all laundry be as fun as new baby laundry?

Today I went to a lactation consultant for a prenatal visit - I had quite a hard time nursing Little One, and am hoping to get a jump-start and another try with this little guy. The visit was very informative and I'm so glad I took the time to go. In my opinion, I think lactation consultants are absolute angels. They so came through for us with helping me and Little One be successful, despite the circumstances. And today proved to be no different. She recommended a different kind of nursing pillow than I used with Little One - and had one for $45.00 (gulp). I decided to wait to make the purchase, and stopped at a consignment store on the way home - they had one for $15.00. Finding a great bargain so makes my day.

I am very behind on reading/commenting on blogs - simply because my computer is upstairs - and I've tried to limit my stair climbing. It only takes walking across a room and I am totally out of breath. After climbing the stairs I have to sit and take a rest! I have barely no lung space! Tonight I was making the most simple dinner ever and I had to sit down and let hubs take over.

I think that's it for now. I need to go find some pillows. :)

5 comments:

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of the new baby.
I did enjoy washing everything to get ready for the new baby. The smell of Dreft detergent brings such happy memories.

Mom2Drew said...

Yes, get hubs to do things for you...you've only got a few more days;)

Awe, we so wish we could be there with you guys for this celebration. I can't wait to meet no-name.

Anonymous said...

I've washed all the clothes, but can't seem to psyche myself up to get the carseat, swing, and mobile out and wash the covers and wipe them down. HH even got them out of the storage room for me.

I can totally relate on running out of steam. I went to the grocery store yesterday and it required that I lie down for at least 30 minutes after.

Les Trois Soeurs said...

Oh friend, I wish I was a block away and could come over and give a break, or bring you a dish or give you a pedicure. Can't wait for the little one to come!

Les Trois Soeurs said...

Oh friend, I wish I was a block away and could come over and give a break, or bring you a dish or give you a pedicure. Can't wait for the little one to come!