Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Costly Mommy Mush

In the past week I have:
  • Lost a Babies R Us gift card.
  • Gave my husband's bank card to my two year old son while ordering pizza over the phone! He was so fascinated with the numbers I was reading off the card to the pizza place, he insisted on being part. I just handed it to him, without thinking twice. I remembered three days later, and still have no idea where the card is.
  • In preparation for post hospital I have been making meals to put in the freezer. The other night I cooked about 8 chicken breasts - took them out of the oven - and just left them on the counter. Completely forgot they were there. I remembered at 5:30 the next morning! I was so sick as I tossed them this morning.
Now, sometimes I can be kinda spacey, but really, I don't usually do things like this! Oh well. ;)

2 comments:

Lara said...

It's called Mommy Brain...

Once I let Haleah hold my card at Walmart. Big mistake! We were held up searching for that dang thing for hours... Things like that are not fun!

Can't wait to read the blog about the arrival of the new babe!

Anonymous said...

I can't even tell you the times I've left food out and gone to bed 'cause I was just so tired. It makes me sick to my stomach, too!

I think you're awesome for cooking now for after baby arrives. I've been stocking up on Lean Cuisines and El Paso Gordita kits!