Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sea World

Two weekends ago we spent a couple of days in San Antonio. We had a great time - and realized that we need to take time away more often. The weekend started with a stop at the outlets in San Marcos - which was quite a site to see. We didn't go into all of the outlets that I would have liked - simply because we ran out of time. But we did go into the Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and Williams Sanoma Outlet - and OH MY WORD! There were some good bargains to be found - so many things that I have seen in the PBK catalog marked down to super cheap. The outlets that I didn't go into were Crate and Barrell and Restoration Hardware to name a few. San Marcos was a great find.

We arrived at our hotel - which advertised to be a hotel close to Sea World...ha ha ha. It was in not the greatest area of town, and we didn't have the greatest accommodations - to say the least. I hate to admit it, but I am a hotel snob. Twice now (and the only two times since we have been married) we have checked into a hotel planning to stay for a few days - only to check out the next morning to find something better. I told Hubs that he could pick the next place - and he took us right to the heart of downtown and stayed in a beautiful hotel on the River Walk. It was such a treat - and so much fun!

Okay, so here are the pics from Sea World. Little One was absolutely overwhelmed. He didn't say a word all day (except at lunch) and just took everything in. It was quite an introduction to a major theme park.
This is how he spent most of the day - on top of daddy's shoulders.

We were able to catch two shows during the day - the first one had belugas and dolphins and acrobats. It was so cool! This was my first time at Sea World, and a couple of times I had to choke back the tears because I was sitting there watching this amazing show - with my son and husband. It was just a little too much. I didn't get very good pictures - but here's one of the dolphins dancing.Little One waiting for the Shamu show to start. He has a little Shamu puppet in his hands - who he calls "Chaw moos"




This show was amazing too. The whales were incredible. Here are just two shots of the "Believe" show.




This is in the in the parking lot on the way out of the park. The eyes behind the sunglasses are not open. :)

I am sure you'll be seeing more pictures of Sea World - in future posts. The season pass was only four dollars more than normal admission, and with it being only 1 1/2 hours away, we couldn't pass it up.

When we got back to the hotel, Little One started talking. He chatted on and on:
"Saw show - dolphins!"
"dolphins jump!"
"and ice skate" (anything that glides along water is ice skating)
"Beluga's EEEEEK" (the belugas made some great sounds for us)
"Penguins"
"Whale jump Splash!"

And we've talked about it every day since.

4 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

sea world is the best!!!

Mom2Drew said...

Love it and your belly is looking GREAT!!

Susan said...

I love Sea World! I am so glad I am not the only one that got choked up at the Killer Whale show. My dream is to visit Discovery Cove, a part of Sea World in Florida. You book the day and swim with the dolphins and swim through a lagoon. It would be neat for a 8 to 12 year old.

Rally said...

I am so jealous! What a great trip. Hopefully we can come with you sometime.