Now in our home, we don't have an official office. The upstairs has a big open area where there is space for a desk and filing cabinet. This is where my "office" is. It's really nice because I can look over and have full view of the play area - when Little One is playing I am right here. A disadvantage is that there is no door to shut. That means, when it's messy, it's sitting in the middle of everything and I have to walk by it to get into my room. That also means that there is a toddler who loves to draw, push buttons and climb who lives at this house. He beelines it to this area of the house to climb up on my desk to find whatever he can to draw on or buttons (IE keyboard and mouse) he can push. Grrr. There are days when I think I'm going to tear my hair out because it really is his favorite place to be - and he has scribbled on things I didn't really want scribbled on. I've disciplined, done everything I know to do, he just keeps persisting. I know it's just a season...but man it's certainly stretching me.
Anyway - back to the subject at hand. Here are the before pictures of our office.
And here are the after.
Ahhh. So much better. Hubs gave me a big kiss when he came home and saw my completed project!
Things I did:
- filed, filed and filed papers
- washed down surface of desk and filing cabinet
- dusted off computer and printer
- cleaned keyboard with a Q-tip (glad that's done - it needed a good scrub!)
- finished putting desk-back together (file holders on left and magnetic white board on right)
- Organized and cleaned out drawers
- scrubbed down walls
- and now, the last thing is to re-organize my coupons. They got all messed up in the move and I haven't sat down and made it right. I also have coupons to clip. So, I'm going to go watch my DVRed American Idol and get that last job done!