Friday, January 9, 2009

The Lack of Blog Attention Will Continue...

I know, my blog posts have been few and far between. Trying to establish a new routine, trying to get back into the grove after the holiday travel, tending to a toddler with a stomach bug... leaves very little time to blog.

Yes, my sweet toddler had a stomach bug. He probably picked it up at the pediatrician office last week when we took Baby Brother in because of a green gucky nose that wouldn't let up. The antibiotics cleared up the nose in a matter of hours. No such luck for Little One. We have had five days of yuck. Today, I think we're in the clear. I know he was so hungry - yesterday he kept asking to eat meatballs. At the end of the day I finally gave in and gave him some food of substance, only to have it backfire. Darn. Today we are sticking to the good old BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast) diet.

But another thing has been keeping me busy - we are going on a family vacation on Saturday and I've been getting ready. I'm pretty excited. The whole family is going to Jamaica for a week. I CAN'T WAIT! My husband works for a very generous and awesome man, who is giving us this gift. How amazing is that? Here's the deal. We have never really been on a vacation. Sure, we've been on trips to visit family - but never a sit on the beach, do nothing but really enjoy one another, get away from every day life, kind of trip. I think it's going to be such a fun time. I'm really looking forward to getting some much needed rest and relaxation. I'm looking forward to connecting with my hubby. I'm looking forward to introducing the ocean and sand castles to Little One.

So, I can tell you the blog will be silent for a week or two - I'm going computerless - and looking forward to that too.

I'll be sure to post when we're back!

~Rebecca

3 comments:

The Ralston Family said...

I am VERY jealous...and I hope Little one is feeling better, I don't know where Kendall got her bug from, probably the Y or at church! Have a great trip and we will talk when you get back!

*carrie* said...

Rebecca,

Have a wonderful time!!

Lara said...

Totally jealous and can't wait to hear about it!!!