Wednesday, September 10, 2008



One thing that has really surprised me is how different Baby Brother and Little One are as infants. On our first visit to the pediatrician, she recommended that I read Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and Happiest Baby on the Block. I checked Secrets of the Baby Whisperer out from the library - and I am devouring it! It is such a helpful book. The author claims that there are four baby types - and she gives a little quiz that helps you determine what kind of baby you have. Little One was a text book baby - Baby Brother, he's a touchy baby - meaning I have had to deal with him in completely different ways than I did with Little One. This book has seriously been my life saver. I also like it because she describes how an infant communicates through cries and body language. And, she is so right on! It's been so helpful, as I can watch Baby Brother's arms and legs and listen to his cry, and I've been able figure him out!

One more thing - I like it because it gives a good middle of the road approach to scheduling. She not extreme on either side - and I really appreciate it.

It's and easy and down to earth read - and I highly recommend it! She has also written a book about toddlers - and I'm anxious to get my hands on that one too....I'll take all the help I can get! :)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wish I had that book before. Need to check out the toddler book! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am so requesting that book from the library!!!

Debra said...

Another book that I loved is "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth. Congrats on your new bundle!

*carrie* said...

Beck,

That sounds really interesting. Maybe I can borrow it from you next spring! =)