Monday, March 16, 2009

Test, Test, Is this thing on???

I don't know if there is anybody out there who might be reading this, as my posts have been few and far between. The deal is that there has been so much going on around here and blogging and computer time is very low on the priority list.

Let me explain. I am in an unfamiliar season. I am in a season of stability - and am learning how to navigate and determine how to set our home and life up. Huh? Does that make any sense? Well, In the past three years I have either been a newly wed, pregnant, a new mom, financially strapped, moving, pregnant and then a momma of two! That's a lot of changes. And in all of that, there has been little time to really determine and establish a lot of things. For example: Our decorating style. What and why we use what we use. (rooms, storage, stuff) Where does it all go? And what kind of routine works for the boys and I? For some strange reason I thought that all of these things just kinda plopped into place. Not so. It turns out I am going back to basics 101. And now, for the first time in three years, I am not pregnant, am getting some good sleep, and have more stability than I've had in a long time. Sigh. It's a good feeling.

And boy, is it hard work. To be honest, there are lots of days that I just fall into bed and am asleep before my head even hits the pillow. There is no energy or time left to blog.

Another thing that is going on around here is that I am trying to shed after baby weight. It's a hard thing - and yet one I am determined to overcome. I have joined Weight Watchers - and through that, I've realized that the food issue is really a heart issue. Enough said on that for now. Perhaps there may be future posts on this issue?

In all of this, I haven't had a lot to say on the blog. I know "blog mode" when walking through everyday life and see or hear something and I immediately start writing a post in my head. It's just not been there.

Until this weekend. And, funny, all of the sudden, I have a whole list of posts stewing. So, maybe I'm getting back into my blog mode. Maybe it's the outlet I need in the midst of all that's going on. I don't know.

Well both of my little men just woke up and need something. Little One was searching for his new Thomas engine "will you help me?"and now is singing row row row your boat and strumming daddy's bass - and Baby Brother is waiting oh so patiently for his bottle. Gotta scoot.

See you soon! :)

2 comments:

Amy Kathryn said...

Take a deep breath, say a prayer and make a plan. That is what I do and maybe it will help you too. I am still trying to figure out our home too. For me I have found lists to be my friend. Otherwise, I work a little here, then a little there and don't get anything finished. If I make a list, prioritize and finish one thing at a time at least I have something to show for my time. Also, if I get distracted I can go back to my list and finish. Seems a little too practical but it has helped me. Sending my love!

zmotherbear said...

There are two rather wonderful boys who--notice a certain theme--have a rather wonderful mother. It speaks so well of perceptions and internal strength that this mom notices well-being, and makes moves to protect new stability with healthy changes.

I don't want to go on-and-on, but the choice of so so so many is to fill the new space with "guilt, anxiety or resentment". The root of every excess is a sense of neediness. (That "heart issue" is a powerful truth.) You have sorted through enough to understand all this, and for that stuff to not be for you or your family. Through this devotion to the soul of Rebecca, your men can be empowered for their lifetimes. They can turn to you as the heart of a rather wonderful family.

Much love, solid pride and encouragement from the one that Little One is holding up at six months.