Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Today

  • This morning I woke up with a major case of bed head. Little one said:"What happened to your hair? You blow it up?"
  • I have been selling things like crazy on e*bay. I sold two items yesterday and needed to get them to the post office, along with some other packages. I usually save my post office runs for late in the night and use the automated postage machine. But, today I just wanted to get it off my list. So, I trundled everyone to the car (it took about an hour to get us all together) and we were off. One of my problems in a public place is that Little One is a wanderer. He has no fear. So, the post office trip quickly turned into a "stay here" and "can you please be mama's helper?" and a "don't hold onto my arm!" kind of trip. Ugh. I was so frustrated. So was he. Although, I must give him credit, after a talk outside, he did listen and stay close by. We were able to finish mailing the packages and made our way to Target. As I walked out side, someone had parked his monster truck right next to my car - making it impossible to open the doors without touching his vehicle. I didn't know what to do. I had to get my kids in the car. We were on the brink of meltdown. So, I ever so gently opened the door and tried to get Little One in. Yes, my door was touching his precious truck. There was nothing else I could have done. He came storming out of the post office screaming obsenities at me. He told me that he had watched me "ram" his car and that if he was a #%"@ then he would get my insurance. I told him to go ahead - because there had been no harm done. I wasn't scared of damage. I was scared of him. Then he roared his monster truck engine and drove to the other side of the parking lot. He got out to examine his car - all the time yelling at me from across the parking lot. Brother! Thankfully, Little One was oblivious to what was going on. It certainly has given me some stuff to think about. What would I tell Little One if he did get what was going on? How could I set a Christ-like example? Because, I can tell you, that my heart is not at all very "Christ-like" at the moment. Grrr. It still makes me a little agitated. Regardless, it will be a long time before I venture out to the post office with my kids. My e*bay customers will have to wait.
  • We went to Target, and I was so determined to make this a quick trip. I made Little One ride in the cart - which I don't normally do. And, I think I am going to stick to my guns about this from here on out. No more running around the store. It's enough to send me over the edge. And our trip today was fast, and painless.
  • Target has a playdough kit on sale - and I must tell you that it's the best $6.00 I've spent in a long time. I've avoided play-dough but, it turns out that Little One loves it. It kept him busy all afternoon. He sat at his little table saying "What am I's going to make for ya?" and then I would name something and he'd whip it right up. Sometimes I was out of ideas and I'd tell him to decide. My favorite thing he made was "chocolate tea" for me. Mmmm. Sounds good! I think it's so sweet that he knows they are two of my favorite things and put them together.
  • We decided that we are going to drive to CO for Christmas - not fly. With that, I am trying to decide if we should put up a Christmas tree. Little One is so into it this year. And, I don't want to miss anything that he may see through his little 2 year old eyes. I suppose that in itself is worth the work of putting up the tree. I better get crackin!

No comments: